General Manager - Phoenix (EC2N 2AN)
Salary: 40,000.00 - 42,000.00 (with a bonus on top)
25 Throgmorton Street
Whitechapel, GREATER LONDON, EC2N 2AN
Recruiter: Metropolitan Pub Company
Job id: req3821
Part go-getter (you're full of ideas)?
Part people pleaser (everyone mucks in)?
Part business brain (you make the numbers add up)?
All three? When can you start?
The Phoenix is looking for a General Manager to lead the team!
A place to enjoy all the things that are great about a real pub – the conversation, the food, the drink and above all the atmosphere. It’s your City of London local with a modern feel, with its grand chandeliers and comfortable furnishings helping us create a very warm welcome within the ‘hustle and bustle’ of the capital.
This is a Monday- Friday site, so although you will be very busy, you get your weekends off!
As a General manager, you call the shots and make sure everything’s spot-on. What’s on the menu? The General Manager decides. You’ll work with the head chef to plan, tweak and change it every season. What weekly events are you running? What will you do for Valentine’s? Again, it’s up to the General Manager. Who’s working for you and what are they going to do next? Over to you once more.
So if you’ve got the get-up-and-go to run your own business, you’re full of ideas and you’re laidback and cheery with customers, then this could be your big chance to join Metro as a General Manager. You’ll take charge, and we’ll be on hand to make sure everything goes smoothly.
Is this you?
- Pubs are your thing. You’ve worked as a General manager for at least a year in a similar pub/bar restaurant.
- You stay one step ahead, setting clear goals for you, your pub and your team. You’re a planner and you meet your deadlines, every time.
- You’re full of ideas and know how to make them happen (and have proof that they worked in the past).
- You’re a friendly face who loves talking to customers and getting to know people.
- You have high standards when it comes to customer service.
- You get on well with clients and suppliers.
- You inspire people and know how to get a team working well together.
- You’ve got the basics covered: stock management, the quality of beer behind the bar, the systems that keep everything ticking.
- Your written and spoken English is sparkling.
What’s in it for you?
- A salary up there with the best of the rest.
- Live in accommodation, lovely apartment in the city centre- Yes Please!
- Monday - Friday site, you get your weekends off!
- A bonus plan.
- A career: where are you heading next? We’ll help you get there.
- Paid holidays.
- Great discounts including 33% off
all Metro and Greene King pubs
- A top-class management leadership programme.
- The chance to run your own business with the right support and experience to help you make it a success.
Who are we, anyway?
We’re Metropolitan Pub Company (or Metro Pub Co for short). We’re part of Greene King, but they leave us to it. We’re big believers in local pubs being just that, with their own character and charm. We’ve got over 60 pubs in and around London: neighbourhood locals, city pubs and foodie ones. They’re all different – run by their managers, not a boardroom – and we like it that way.