Head Chef - Williams Ale & Wine House (E1 7LS)
Salary: 30,000.00 - 30,000.00 (with a bonus on top)
Location: Williams Ale & Wine House (E1 7LS)
Recruiter: Metropolitan Pub Company
Job id: req3552
The Williams is an East London boozer, tucked between the busy City and the artistic Spitalfields. Priding ourselves on our extensive ale and cider collection.
Our menu changes when the leaves fall, the temperature drops, the flowers come out and the sun shines. So while we always have pub favourites (with a bit of extra TLC on top), there’s always something new to work on too. What? Well, that’s up to you. You’ll develop and design the menu, train the team and take charge of everything. The menu – and the job – really are what you want to make of them.
So we’re just as interested in who you are as we are in your cooking. Of course, you’ll need to know the ins and outs of stock control, rotation and ordering, and how ingredients change with the seasons. But it’s more than that. What are you like to work with? How do you rally a team? Are you calm when things don’t go to plan? What makes you laugh? We want to get to know you and your way of doing things. And find out how you can bring them to Williams Ale & Wine House (E1 7LS)
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to put your stamp on a menu and move on and up in the company.
- Discounts on food at the pub and our sister pubs.
- Meals in your working day.
- Perks and incentives across the company.
- A top-class management leadership programme.
- Paid holiday
- Friends and Family Discount Scheme entitles you to invite friends and family to join the discount scheme and benefit from up to 25% off food and drink
Who are we, anyway?
We’re Metropolitan Pub Company (or Metro Pub Co for short). We’re part of Greene King, but they leave us to it. We’re big believers in local pubs being just that, with their own character and charm. We’ve got over 60 pubs in and around London: neighbourhood locals, city pubs and foodie ones. They’re all different – run by their managers, not a boardroom – and we like it that way.
Here’s what you need:
- Fluent spoken English
- The right to live and work in the UK.