Firstly who are we?
We are the country’s leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and city-centre high streets across England, Wales and Scotland.
So what is it like to work here?
We work behind the scenes to guarantee the smooth operation of our pubs, restaurants, hotels and breweries. With around 44,000 people all across the UK who rely on us for guidance and support. Making sure we deliver this to a business as large and fast-paced as Greene King isn’t always easy, but with the right attitude and an unyielding commitment to our customers, anything is possible.
We pull together to get things done and work hard to motivate and support each other to do well as one team. We believe in celebrating successes and recognising others for what we do, ask any one of our employees and they will say they are proud to be part of Greene King.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative, premium pub company, become part of a lean, fast paced energetic HR team and make a real impact on talent. You will own the recruitment proposition across the business, helping to ensure we continue our success with the best people in the industry!
· Define and own the recruitment process across Metro for Pub Leadership Team, partnering Operations Managers to ensure the talent we introduce to the business is a perfect match
· Create a recruitment toolkit to ensure General Managers are confident to recruit and agree which platforms Metro uses to attract and secure the best in the industry
· Develop and implement talent identification and attraction strategies, including direct sourcing, social media, and other branding-related activity, communicate and review effectiveness
· Define a candidate management process unique to Metro, ensuring a talent pipeline is communicated with effectively ahead of business growth/requirements
· Identify resourcing criteria, processes and platforms to suit every need of the business at any time
· Agree and manage the relationship with external recruitment-platform suppliers/agency when appropriate
· Act as the gatekeeper for agency spend in order to keep this to a minimum at all times
· Maintain, track and distribute a list of key metrics driving operational and cost efficiency related to resourcing and recruiting efforts that provide clear insights and change requirements
The Recruitment Manager will report into the Head of HR and is responsible for business partnering the Operations team to deliver short and medium term sourcing strategies that will meet talent needs. Through building strong relationships, trust and credibility both internally and externally, this role will be critical in supporting the commitment Metro make to being the best place you’ll ever work.
The Recruitment Manager in Metro will own the process from end to end, supported by a great operational team, intent on achieving industry recognition for becoming a destination organisation.
Love Metro, love recruiting talent – here’s a great opportunity to own your contribution!
What can we offer you?
33% Greene King Discount (for all managed pubs including Local Pubs and brands such as Hungry Horse, Eating Inn, Old English Inns and Loch Fyne)
Wide range of employee benefits (pension, dental, share save, free refreshments, on site cafe)
Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities
25 days holiday each year (Not including bank holidays). Role dependent