General Manager - Grove (W5 5QX)
Salary: 38,000.00 - 40,000.00 (with a bonus on top)
Ealing, GREATER LONDON, W5 5QX
Recruiter: Metropolitan Pub Company
Job id: req2577
Part go-getter (you're full of ideas)?
Part people pleaser (everyone mucks in)?
Part business brain (you make the numbers add up)?
All three? When can you start?
The Grove – Pub, Dining & Garden sits opposite Ealing Green and the famous Ealing Film Studios. We pride ourselves on delivering the best in fresh food, drink and service – be it in the comfortable bar, fully serviced restaurant, beautiful al fresco dining area, or the large terrace.
Here at Metro Pub Company, our mission is simple - we want this to be the best place you’ve ever worked.Our bars are at the forefront of that mission; delivering amazing environments our guests don’t want to leave.
The pubs and our people have so much in common; individual, strong characters, local, independent and simply the best! Like any family, we’re protective over who we let into our fold – we only want the crème de la crème for our precious MPCo.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a well seasoned operator- you'll have gained experience in high volume fresh food and manage and lead from the front. The Grove underwent an extensive refurbishment last year so its looking truly stunning.
The Grove also comes with a live in option available comprising of a two bedroom apartment above the business.
As manager, you call the shots and make sure everything’s spot-on. What’s on the menu? You decide. You’ll work with the head chef to plan, tweak and change it every season. What weekly events are you running? What will you do for Valentine’s? Again, it’s up to you. Who’s working for you and what are they going to do next? Over to you once more.
So if you’ve got the get-up-and-go to run your own business, you’re full of ideas and you’re laidback and cheery with customers, then this could be your big chance. You’ll take charge, and we’ll be on hand to make sure everything goes smoothly.
Is this you?
- Pubs are your thing. You’ve worked as a manager for at least a year in a similar pub/bar restaurant.
- You stay one step ahead, setting clear goals for you, your pub and your team. You’re a planner and you meet your deadlines, every time.
- You’re full of ideas and know how to make them happen (and have proof that they worked in the past).
- You’re a friendly face who loves talking to customers and getting to know people.
- You have high standards when it comes to customer service.
- You get on well with clients and suppliers.
- You inspire people and know how to get a team working well together.
- You’ve got the basics covered: stock management, the quality of beer behind the bar, the systems that keep everything ticking.
- Your written and spoken English is sparkling.
What’s in it for you?
- A salary up there with the best of the rest.
- A bonus plan.
- A career: where are you heading next? We’ll help you get there.
- Paid holidays.
- Perks across the company.
- A top-class management leadership programme.
- The chance to run your own business with the right support and experience to help you make it a success.
Who are we, anyway?
We’re Metropolitan Pub Company (or Metro Pub Co for short). We’re part of Greene King, but they leave us to it. We’re big believers in local pubs being just that, with their own character and charm. We’ve got over 60 pubs in and around London: neighbourhood locals, city pubs and foodie ones. They’re all different – run by their managers, not a boardroom – and we like it that way.